This is the best blueberry walnut banana bread that I have made that I topped with a streusel which was like icing on the cake! 🙂 Its definitely that time of year where warm foods fill your foodie soul and make you want more! This banana bread can be something you can eat for anytime! I really love this recipe and I know you will too! Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of fresh walnuts-chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Prepare regular size loaf pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and milk.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the mashed bananas, then gently fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
- Pour the mixed batter into the loaf pan.
- To make the streusel, whisk together the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Smash in the butter using your fingers, until the mixture resembles damp sand. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the top of the loaves.
- Bake 60-70 minutes for a full size loaf, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving