Oh my Goodness! I am in Blueberry Heaven after trying this recipe!! I love banana bread and this one is definitely one of my favorites! It was super moist and flavorful which was just the thing we needed on a rainy day to warm up our tummies on such a cold day! I loved the softness of the blueberry and then got a crunch of the walnut. What a perfect combination! Enjoy!
- 1 stick of softened butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 4 ripe mashed bananas
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. spray non stick oil on 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork. Add eggs to sugar/butter mixture until combined. Add in mashed bananas and mix all together until combined
- Sift all dry ingredients together: flour, salt, and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to banana mixture and only mix until the flour mixture is combined (don’t over mix the ingredients) Then you will fold the walnuts and blueberries into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the sprayed loaf pan and place into the oven for 15 mins.
- Lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 30 mins until the edges are slightly brown or until the toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf pan comes out clean.
- Let the pan cool completely before removing the banana bread and enjoy!