Oh my CHOCOLATE!!! if you love banana bread and also love chocolate?! what! This is the recipe for you, also if you want to try it out for the first time.. GO FOR IT! You definitely want to give this recipe a go! Its great for family get togethers, holiday parties or more! I melted ever so slowly as I took each bite of this ever so lovely chocolate banana bread! Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pure Hershey cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ripe bananas-mashed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter- melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9X5 loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter and oil and stir until combined. Stir in the brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until it’s smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t overmix. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top of the bread.
- Bake for 50-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out mostly clean, you might have some melted chocolate chips on the toothpick and that is fine. You just don’t want a lot of gooey batter. (Check at 50 minutes, just to be safe.)
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a cooling rack. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the edges of the bread and carefully remove from the loaf pan.
- Let the banana bread cool on the cooling rack until slightly warm. Cut into slices and serve.