A light and healthy main dish choice if thats what your looking for or if your wanting to try something different! This dish can be used with ground turkey and beef, so whichever you prefer it still will be delicious! Its not a high carb meal which goes perfectly with just a green salad! Plus its an easy meal to make with prep time and cook time! Thats what I’m talking about!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato paste ( also add 1/2 can of tomato sauce if you like it with more sauce)
- 1 tsp each of dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
1. Spray a large frying pan with nonstick cooking spray or lightly brush it with oil.
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
2. Brown turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and
and garlic powder
seasonings. Simmer (heat just below boiling point, bubbles form slowly and burst before reaching the surface) over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4. Add zucchini and cook for 5 more minutes. Serve while hot.
5. Add ground black pepper to kick up the spice!