These bad boys are super delicious that has all the great seasonings that make this main dish a big DEAL, let me tell ya! It is a really great recipe that you won’t forget about, and even after you make it and days later go by, you will think about this dish that will make your mouth water with a need to make it again real soon!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion-chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup honey, or more, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, onion, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1-2 minutes; set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce.