This was a fun chicken recipe to make! You can use whole chicken, chicken breasts or even chicken drumsticks, its all really the sauce that makes the chicken that good! I love how you can taste the hint of soy and then the sweetness of the honey when you take your first bite. Its so moist and has great flavors that pair well together!
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken thighs (most of the fat cut and discarded)
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 5 tbsp. honey
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8×8″ oven-proof pan with 2 layers of tin foil because this dish with soy sauce & honey are STICKY and tend to adhere heavily on glass dishes when cooked at high temperatures. Unless you want to be scrubbing forever, please use the foil!
- In small bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ground ginger, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in the foil layered pan then pour the mixture on top of it. Turn the chicken around in the sauce to make sure it gets all coated.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes, checking occasionally to make sure the tops are not browning too quickly. If they are, cover with foil and resume baking until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven and let chicken sit for 5 minutes then transfer to a plate. Do NOT discard the liquid.
- Immediately after plating chicken, pour sauce over top of chicken. It’s delicious so you want all the sauce you can get!
- Serve with white or brown rice and some steamed veggies.