This is a easy and delicious recipe you can have anytime of the day, weekend or event! Do you have some ham fried rice left over from some take out you got the other day! PERFECT! That is definitely something you can use in this recipe! Its filling and flavorful to excite your taste buds! Its something everyone will love no matter what! Especially if you love Kimchi! Which is one of my favorite ingredients to use, it goes back to my childhood having a Korean best friend who’s mother would make it homemade every week and she used it in a lot of her dishes! I have always loved Kimchi and if your new to even trying, I know you will enjoy it too! 🙂
- 1 pound bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion, small dice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups chopped kimchi
- 2 cups cooked rice, preferably day-old
- 1 tablespoon gochujang
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Green onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, fried sunny side up
- 1 avocado chopped
1. In a large skillet, wok or cast iron pan put over high heat, add bacon and cook, stirring, until fat is fully rendered and the bacon is barely starting to crisp. Pour out all fat but 2 tablespoons.
2. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and sauté for about 1 minute. Add chopped kimchi and rice and sauté, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes, or until very hot. Drop the heat to medium-low and flatten the rice with your spatula. The bottom layer will continue to cook to a nice crispy consistency, about 2 minutes. The longer you leave it, the more crispy the bottom will become, but be careful not to burn the garlic.
3. While the rice continues to crisp, in a small bowl mix together the gochujang and softened butter.
4. Serve in the pan or wok, topped with a fried egg,chopped green onions, avocado and the gochujang butter.