PUMPKIN is sooo IN! I can’t tell you enough how much I love this time of year! This pumpkin roll… let me tell you, Oh my, was it goooood! It definitely HIT that foodie spot! The cake part was so moist and delicious, the cream cheese just topped it off to a happy ending bite! Especially with the holidays around, it is a great treat or dessert to share with your loved ones or maybe just for yourself! 🙂 This is a must have recipe to try! Enjoy!
- 3 large eggs- separated
- 1 cup sugar-divided
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese- room temperature
- 2 tablespoons butter- room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper. Then grease the paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar and pumpkin, beating on high until sugar is almost dissolved.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gently fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 13-15 mins minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners’ sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Unroll cake; spread filling evenly to within 1/2 inches of edges. Then Roll it up again. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before cutting.
- Dust the top with confectioners sugar.