This smothered pork goodness is something that will fill your foodie soul to the core! I love all the flavorings that just melt in your mouth! It is definitely a recipe that is a must to try out!
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 – 298 mL chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine (see notes)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a heavy ceramic skillet, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil over medium to high heat.
- Season the pork chops generously with salt and fresh ground pepper on both sides.
- Add the pork chops to the skillet and sear on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove the chops and transfer them to a plate.
- To the same skillet melt 1 – 2 tbsp butter.
- Add the sliced onion, minced garlic and sliced mushrooms and cook until soft and the moisture from the mushrooms has cooked off.
- Add the dried thyme and flour to the onion mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chicken broth, water and wine and simmer until the sauce thickens. Make sure to scrape up and stir in all the good brown bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in the heavy cream and sour cream.
- Add the pork chops and simmer for about 10 – 15 more minutes, or until the chops are cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped green onions