I really love this Italian recipe! Lasagna is one of my favorites to make! Everyone in the family loves this dish and I know you will too! All the ingredients blend very well together and i love GARLIC! who doesn’t?!
- lasagna noodles
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2lbs ground beef
- 2 jars of ‘classico’-( tomato & basil)
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 7 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Set oven at 350 degrees.
- First, get a big pot out, add water about halfway and start boiling the noodles ( about 9 noodles for the three sections)
- While the noodles are boiling, get a pan out start heat at medium high, put the olive oil in and start browning up the ground beef
- After a few mins of cooking up the beef add in garlic powder, salt, pepper, and basil leaves with the ground beef.
- By this time the ground beef and noodles should be done. Get a baking dish out and spray olive oil all around so the noodles don’t stick on the bottom
- 1st layer-noodles, 2nd layer- seasoned ground beef, 3rd layer-sauce, 4th layer- sprinkle cottage cheese, 5th layer- parmesan and mozzarella cheese. (repeat twice) shown in picture above
- For the top of the lasagna after you did the two sections, you will place the noodles, sauce, and then top it with parmesan, mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some garlic powder on top.
- Set your baking dish on a tray then place in the oven, just in case some of the sauce drizzles out.
- Bake for 40 mins or until lightly browned on top.